Monday, July 28, 2008

Your local government at work

I bet most of you have a State Senator who does things like "draft bills", "talk to consituents", or even the general "help people". Mine, while not laundering money, like to relax from a busy day of court appearances by punching ex-girlfriends.

According to the article:
State Sen. Derrick Shepherd was released early Sunday morning after being arrested Saturday night, accused of punching his ex-girlfriend and stealing her cellular phone and $100, the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office reported.

Oh, and trust me, like all legislators, he always uses money wisely:
Shepherd was arrested at his residence in Stonebridge. The sheriff's office said there were two women in the house, one of whom appeared to be performing a lap dance on Shepherd.

Between him, Ray "Chocolate City" Nagin and "Dollar Bill" Jefferson, I think my "Representatives" have every vice.

1 comment:

Therapy Cat said...

Hey, I wonder if what they say about Louisiana politicians is true? Thanks for the tip about CUIL. I was doing a search on Duffy Breaux and Bobby Tardo, corrupt ex-Sheriffs of LaFourche Parish, yesterday and I was very disappointed about the lack of info that came back. I'll let you know what I get from CUIL.

T Cat