Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Go Mark Warner

I went to school in Virginia while Mark Warner was Governor, and let me say this: the only reason Jim Webb was able to become Senator is because Mark Warner laid a foundation of Democrat awesomeness in that state. The only reason Tim Kaine became Governor is Mark Warner. The only reason Barack Obama has a chance of winning Virginia is Mark Warner. Democrats were dead in that state before Mark Warner became Governor. If Virginia didn't have silly term-limited Governors, Mark Warner would still be Governor. There is a reason that the current Sen. Warner (R-VA) almost refused to endorse Jim Gilmore, the Republican running for his open Senate seat is Mark Warner.

Mark Warner was my early favorite for Vice President, but if he can't be a great Vice President, he can be a great Keynote speaker and a great Senator.

PS I've met Sen. John Warner several times, and let me tell you, he is hysterical. I mean, how else could he become husband #7 of Elizabeth Taylor?

No comments: